Monday, May 22, 2006

Couple of random thoughts

This is going to be a quick, random post. Because I feel the need to post something, but haven't had a chance 'til now. And it is time for me to go to bed.

  • Went to my nieces' dance recital yesterday. It was so good. They both are growing up so much, and every year I see how much they have improved. They are both quite the dancers. Anna is really starting to become a graceful little girl. She looked so grown up on the stage.
  • I forgot to mention that on our way home from game night at Hannah and Linc's on Friday, Mark and I had a little adventure. They had a "sheriff's checkpoint(?)" set up on Geneva Road. It was kinda creepy going into it, as we started seeing these cones saying things like, "prepare to stop, checkpoint ahead," "have your driver's license ready" as well as an increasing amount of cars along the side of the road, and flashing lights. I felt slightly Twilight Zone-ish. It was kind of funny, as Mark and I were stopped, waiting for someone to come check us out, we overheard a conversation similar to the following:
    • Cop: I'm going to have to ticket you unless you tell me where that tequila came from.
    • Girl: (whiny, slightly desperate) I don't know where it came from!!! Why are you going to ticket me??
    • Cop: Because it is an open container.
  • Needless to say, Mark and I got through just fine.
  • Yesterday was Bella's birthday (Jessie's little girl). For the whole 10 minutes of the party Mark and I were able to be there for, it was lots of fun. What a cutie. I was bummed that we missed Linc and Hannah (sorry guys, we ended up having to leave a little earlier than planned for the dance recital), but I did get to meet Jessie's sister Michelle briefly, which was nice (:
  • Talked to my cousin Becky for a little bit today. She has a new boyfriend, and I am excited for her. It sounds like he is a good guy, and this is probably her longest standing 'exclusive' relationship thus far. I hope things work out for the two of them.
  • I have been eating WAY too much crap lately. I really wish I had better self control when it comes to food. It doesn't help that I have this obsessive-compulsive habit of weighing myself at least twice a day. And I make the mistake of also doing it at night. I really need to consider taking Jessie's advice and only doing it once a week and stop being a freak about it. Because...the scale has been an enemy recently.
Alright, I'm sure there is more stored up in my brain, but I've got to end the stream for now. As I need to get to sleep, so I am not a complete zombie at work tomorrow. Ah, how I sometimes miss the days of functioning on <5 hours of sleep a night.

2 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger jt said...

Good idea with the less-compulsive wieghing. I think it's a good idea to do it regularly, like once a week, just to keep tabs on the situation, but no more than that! Thanks for having us over- it was great :) Good food, good times. :)

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Jill said...

What's up with the Sheriff's check point on Geneva Road? Was it just a random drunk driving sort of patrol or what? That's weird.

I think you should get rid of your scale or put it somewhere that you won't be tempted to obsess about your weight. That's kind of frightening. I'm the opposite extreme of course, and only ever get weighed when I go to a doctor's office (rare indeed).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home