Thursday, May 11, 2006

Opinions needed

Alright, so while my sister and I were looking for Mother's Day cards today, I thought to myself, "why don't I just make one with the fun stuff I got from Jessie today?" And that is what I did.

Now, please keep in mind I am very much an amateur when it comes to the creative dept. I would really appreciate some constructive feedback - please feel free to criticize, or point out good things - I am in need of both. (By the way, I apologize for the bottom of the card looking crappy - it was a weird angle, bad lighting, and the card wasn't completely "flush" in it's closure.) I really had fun making the card, and I hope my mom likes it a lot too (: But I know I definitely have room to approve, and would appreciate any comments, tips, ideas, etc. for future projects. I'll be making another card soon for my first "good mail"ing.

Today has been a pretty good day. Work went well, my sister and I got to spend some time together this evening, and met up with our friend Kathy at "Pudding on the Rice." Delicious, by the way - if you like rice pudding at all, give it a try. They have lots of flavors! Jessie, Bella, and Timm stopped by to bring me the supplies I bought, and I got to make a card. I found myself having fun coming up with an idea and working it out with the card - that must be how all of you creative people feel (: The only downside is that Mark is sick with a nasty cold, and was feeling pretty out of it all night. I hope he gets feeling better soon! Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Jill said...

I think it's a great card, very impressive, especially for your first creative endeavor. I have no criticsm for you, it looks great. I'm sure your mom will love, and even more so since you made it.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger jt said...

I think it's great! I'm with Jill- fabulous, especially for a first-time endeavor. Good Job! :)

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so cute! You are crafty and you have been holding out on us...

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Thank you guys so much for your nice comments! Really - I appreciate it, as I am highly critical of things I do like this. I am sure my mom will like it too - I mean come on, moms always love any sort of homemade creation from their kids. My mom still uses this coil jar one of my siblings made her YEARS ago to hold her pens and pencils, after all. ;)

 
At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home