Monday, May 01, 2006

More weekend stuff



On Saturday, Mark and I kinda spent the day with his mom, and took some time out to go to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens, which were gorgeous as usual. We strolled around there for a while, had dinner at Ottavios (Yum), played some games that evening with my mom and Chrissy, and just kinda took it easy after all the busy-ness the day before. Friday night, Mark, Mom, Dad, Chrissy, Jo, and myself all went out to dinner at Magelby's. Again, yum. I had Creme Brulee 2 nights in a row...bad Robin. But it was so tasty...

Today was my dad and Chrissy's birthdays. This morning I went to sacrament meeting with the family, then came back to spend a few more hours with Mark and his mom before taking her to the airport mid-afternoon. After dropping her off, we headed to my sister Liz's house for the birthdays celebration. We had a yummy dinner, opened presents, and had this delicious banana dessert that Liz makes. Holy crap, it is so good. Then Mark and I went to play Rummikub with my Mom and Chrissy/Chad for a little while, which is always good fun, and always good for a laugh...especially when playing with my brother in law Chad.

Tomorrow morning my family takes off for home...and things go back to "normal" for a little while. I'll miss having my family here...I love when they come into town. It was also so nice having Jo (Mark's mom) here for a few days. I wish we could see her more often. I enjoy spending time with her, and getting to know her better. But I am grateful for the time we got to spend with everyone. (:

1 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Thank you! It was a really great weekend. It's a little expensive to get in - $8 for an adult. However, I think it is definitely worth it to pay to go at least once. It's really, really beautiful - and you would have no idea it is even there. You can't see it at all from the freeway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home