Monday, April 24, 2006

Bad Blogger

Seriously...almost a week? Man, I suck.

But, it should be looking up from here on out. For today, I took my last final


............YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!


Oh man, it feels so liberating. Granted I had to take it at 7AM which was awesome, but still. IT'S DONE. I just have a few little things left to do that are easy to do, just take a little time, and everything will be done and done except for the gradumication, which takes place on Friday.

I am so grateful to know that I have finished getting my Bachelor's Degree. I must admit, I am proud of myself for sticking with it, and doing my best in school. I want to go back to get my Master's, and I really hope I stick with that plan and am able to get into graduate school in the next couple of years. But having a B.S. is definitely a good start, and adds some credibility for sure. I have been so fortunate to have supportive parents and supportive husband who all worked hard to help me get through school.

My family came into town yesterday, and will be here all week for my graduation. Mark's mom gets here on Friday for the weekend. It will be so nice to spend time with them all.

I just had to give a little update to let you all know that I am still around, just have had an insane week. I look forward to *hopefully* having a little more creativity in my blog - focusing more on one or two things rather than always having "sum it up" posts. That's one thing about all of my friend's blogs that I read - you all have so many meaningful things to say. So we'll see what happens. Expressive writing isn't one of my fortes.

Alright, well, I better go get ready for the rest of the day. I'm going in to work here in a bit, after taking my sister to my other sister's house.

Oh, and thank you all for your comments - I apologize for not having been good about responding to them, but I do read them and love getting them (:

Now Playing: Burning Old Stories - The Snake The Cross The Crown Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helloooo girly. CONGRATS on taking your last final and graduating! HURRAY for you! Are you 'walking' for graduation? Is your family coming into town?
You should be so proud of yourself for sticking with it and getting your bachelors. I'm proud of you. You will never regret taking time to get an education. That's what I think anyway. I wouldn't trade Daniel for the world, but I do wish that I had taken the time to get my education first. I feel guilty sometimes (okay, most of the time) that now we are pretty much on our own, but I can't support him very well. Plus, school is SO much harder when you have a kid to worry about. Anyway, kudos to you for making good choices and not giving up!
Now that you're graduated I think that you should come work with me at Provo Canyon School. They are itching for people with a BS in psychology!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Congratulations! That's a huge accomplishment. It's kind of amazing when you think about how many hours of classes and studying went into finishing isn't it?

I've always thought that a huge part of the college education experience was all the stuff you have to go through along with the actual scholastic side of things. Things like jobs, housing, roommates, food, independence, time management, self-discipline, and accountability. It's the whole package. It's a big deal when you make it all the way through. Good job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home