Thursday, April 13, 2006

Fulton Mentored Student Research Conference

Today was the day my group had their poster in the research conference at BYU. I realized after the fact that I never posted the times on here...dang it. So sorry to those of you who were thinking of coming, it still means a lot that the thought was there - I'm just a loser on the update front.

It went pretty well - there was around 150 posters. This is me with 2 of the 3 others in our group, Lynn and Nyssa. Brian (the 4th person) couldn't come until the afternoon session. Lynn (the lady on the left) is the one heading up the project - she's this way cool lady, an older student, but definitely young at heart. Lots of people came through looking at the posters - not a whole lot of people would stop to read or ask questions though. But it was a good first conference experience. Hopefully, as we expand upon the research over the summer, we will be able to attend the ISTSS conference in the fall, in Hollywood.

We also had a lunch - yay for free lunch! Pres. Samuelson was there too - he seems so cool. Yay for having GA's as School Presidents.

AND I got my car back this afternoon. It looks great! They even repainted the stripe on there, and everything blends together perfectly. Really, it looks as though nothing happened to it, with the exception of us not having the clear bra put back on that little section. I'm really happy with it. And its great to have another car - I really appreciated how willing Mark was to let me borrow his this week, as I typically am running around a lot during the day. (:

Hopefully once school is all over, my blogging will be much more frequent. Just 3 more days of class!! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just thinking yesterday that your thing was probably coming up. Sorry I spaced it! Glad it went well though as far as conference experiences go. I can't believe you only have 3 days left! That is so sweet. We need to celebrate next week at game night! Oh! And sorry we missed you at book club!

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to e-mail you and let you know that I ended up working yesterday, so that's why I didn't make it. I'm glad that things went well! I can't believe that the semester is almost over. Hooray for summer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home