Monday, March 27, 2006

Games Galore


Ah, the duck of doom. What terror picking up this little guy can reign upon an innocent player.

Saturday night, Mark, myself, Linc, Hannah, Timm, and Jessie got together for another night o' games. Much fun was had! We played a round of Munchkin, which is easily one of my favorite games. I love the Calvinball-esque nature of it, in that it seems so random and made up as you go along. Really, just about anything can happen. I'm glad everyone else enjoyed it too. We also played Settlers again, which is always fun. Mark and I will have to invest in that one someday...when we have money. We also ordered pizza (yum...), and had an opportunity to chat and hang out. It was much needed, as I had been having a crappy couple of days.

Now its back to Monday, always a joy. I am excited though, because my family is on their way into town. I haven't seen them since Christmas, so it will be really good to have them here. Though I have to work tonight, so I won't seem them much (if at all) today. But tomorrow I was able to trade my shift with someone, so I basically can have the whole day free. It's my mom and nephew Brady's birthdays tomorrow, so we are going to have a little family get together, which should be fun (:

Other than that, feeling kinda blah today again. Mark found out that we do have to pay that $295 - apparently in a $400 we received shortly after the accident, we were supposed to have paid that sum. Though that was never made apparent to us - we were always told that the other person's insurance would "take care" of it. Right. They were awesome about communicating with us. They told Mark that they had faxed him an itemized list (which we never saw), and of course, I'm sure no attempt at follow up was made. If it was, it didn't work.

So that sucks, on top of the $500 for taxes next month. At least the hospital is willing to let us pay that money in payments - but we still want to pay it off as soon as possible. Money sucks so bad. It's just depressing - as I know several of you feel about it as well. *sigh*

Now Playing: Inertia Creeps - Massive Attack

2 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger Robin said...

I know, I know...when will I ever learn??? Damn duck.

And you would make a good Munchkin King...until I came along and brutally usurped your throne with my Boots of Butt Kicking. You don't stand a chance.

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have sooooo been in the need of more Munchkin-thanks a lot. I'm super sad you can't play on Friday...is Mark going to try to come-is it still even on? Why would you know though...

I usually work both Fridays and Saturdays, so I know how you feel. Hopefully we can work something out sometime for a game night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home