Wednesday, March 22, 2006

So excited for this game


Mark's "Play" magazine came today, which is gaming magazine for nerds like us. And they had a preview for Kingdom Hearts II. Though I only played through part of the 1st one, and watched Mark finish it (I need to play it again myself...I got frustrated when I got stuck fighting Ursula), I can't wait to see this one. The whole concept of the game is so fun - they basically combine elements of beloved Disney movies/characters, and sprinkle in a few well known faces from the Square Enix world (think Final Fantasy series). So the "worlds" you play in are things like Halloween Town from The Nightmare Before Christmas, and the worlds of The Little Mermaid, Hercules, and several others. In the second one they are even throwing in Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron. The majority of the characters are voiced by the original actors too. Still don't know about Johnny Depp for Jack...but I hope so. Keira Knightley is doing her character, so that's *hopefully* a good sign.

Anyways, I just felt like making a nerdy post about this, because I am excited for it. It comes out in May. Really, its such a cool idea.

Now Playing: Soot & Stars - The Smashing Pumpkins

3 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have not heard of this one, but it sounds really cool. I have been thinking I would like to get into another game with Linc again. The problem is that he is the type that will spend every free second playing that game, whereas I like to divide my free time between equally fun activities. Needless to say, we get frustrated and I usually end up telling him to play without me and then I don't get back into it because I am lost story wise. Have I told you how much I LOVE that I have a geeky girl friend. You have no idea, when I saw the picture I just smiled...I am a dork, I know.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Yay, that's awesome - I love having a geeky girl friend too, seriously. (: Of course, its always fun talking to Mark about games and such - I'm glad that he and I have so many similar interests. But its refreshing to have a girl friend who is geeky too, cause...sometimes we are hard to come across. Especially around here. You and I need to play games sometime - like SSX3 is a ton of fun, or Katamrai, or DDR (of course), or whatever else. Ooooh, you and Linc need to play Wario Ware with us sometime. Totally bizarro fun. OH! AND we need to play some of the 4 player games on Gamecube, Like The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures. You play with Gameboy Advances as your controllers (Don't worry - we have 4. Yes, we are that big of nerds). Or Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. We played them with our friends who moved to Iowa last year, and they are SO much fun. Haha, sorry for the rampage of games there.

And if you want to borrow the first Kingdom Hearts sometime, we have it - just let me know (: It's such a creative game, combining Square Enix with Disney. I really need to play it again. Stupid Ursula.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Haha, yay Timm! I'm glad I have at least made some of the bitter hatred disappear. It makes my heart glad. Seriously though, this is awesome that you now have PS2 - because video game nights at your house have now exploded with more possibilities. Like Katamari.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home