Monday, March 20, 2006

Duet

One of the coolest things about having a digital piano, is I can play duets with myself. I just record either one of the two parts, then play it back while I play the other part. My teacher has actually given me a couple of duets, so this is great practice for me! We play them together at lessons, but its not quite the same always playing the parts separate at home. It's pretty awesome.

Alright...kinda a boring post, I know. But I just got done practicing, and had lots of fun working on this.

Now Playing: In Between Days[Shiver Mix] - The Cure

4 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't know that you play the piano! Where do you take lessons? I am so jealous!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Yeah, I've been playing for about 14 years (: In high school I actually was thinking about studying piano performance in college - but then I realized I would have to sell my soul to practicing 6 hours a day, and knew that it would take the fun out of it for me, if that makes sense. I hadn't taken lessons since I graduated high school, and decided to take lessons this year at school from a professor there (: Haha, I was then going to minor in music, but was going to have to delay graduation for 1 choir class, which wasn't worth it to me. Really, what does a minor do for you. So I have taken pretty much all the classes, and am in choir and taking piano right now, which is lots of fun (:

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Robin isn't saying Rachelle is that she is awesome and probably doesn't even need the lessons...

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Thank you for the compliment Hannah, though I must disagree with the not needing lessons part. I mean seriously...if piano performance students still take lessons, I definitely still need lessons. Honestly, I have progressed a lot since starting lessons again this year. But I do appreciate you thinking that I am awesome - confidence boosts are always appreciated, especially since I tend to be self concious about my playing (:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home