Saturday, April 01, 2006

Busy Week

Wow...my blog has been so neglected. For which I am so sorry.

But, I have a few moments right now, so I thought I would grace you all with an update (finally). My mom, dad, and sister all came into town on Monday. I unfortunately didn't get to see much of them that day, as I had to work that night. Though Chrissy and my dad did come by work to see me, yay. My dad also had some last minute shopping to do for my mom for her birthday. ;)

Tuesday was my mom and nephew Brady's (the cute kid pictured) birthday. One thing I really need to get better at is remembering my camera for such occassions. Because I would have loved to have taken pictures of my family that night. Curses! I always seem to forget the camera. I was able to trade my work shift, and spend essentially the whole day with my family, which was awesome. My only class is over at 9 AM, so I just went over to my sisters' and hung out. We had dinner at Mel and Chad's, making "Chicken Cooker" chicken and potatoes, amongst other delectable delights (such as this salad Liz made - holy crap!). Really, I can't explain it better than that - you just have to see the actual cooker to understand. It's basically friend chicken, but yummier. Somehow. We also had birthday cake, and presents of course. Brady turned 3, and got a Power Wheels Jeep - THAT would have been a great photo op. He was so excited.

Wednesday I ditched class (oops), spent time with the family, went visiting teaching, and of course, went to work. Joy.

Thursday was fairly low key for me - my mom, dad, and Chrissy went up to Ogden, and since I don't have class until 4, I just worked on homework and such. After class, I came back and had dinner with Mark, after which we went to meet up with the family for a little while. We've been doing that a lot this week ;)

Today, I had class, a nearly 3 hour research meeting immediately following (bleah), had time to grab Taco Bell and spend about 45 minutes at my sisters, then went to work. The worst part of today though, was missing game night. I heard all about it from Mark - sounds like it was awesome! I was bummed I couldn't make it, but I'm glad all of you involved had lots of fun with your marathon game of Munchkin ;). Hopefully I can make it soon!!

I was looking in my planner, and realized there is only 2 1/2 weeks of class left. I am so excited about this - but also pretty nervous. I have a lot to get done between now and the end of finals, and I'm honestly kind of nervous about graduating. It's just a weird feeling to know that I will be done with school - I've spent every year of my life since Kindergarten in school. And suddenly it's all over (at least until I go back for my Master's)? It just seems like "real life" is rushing at me really fast, and I hope I have the gumption to be aggressive in pursuing a worthwhile job - both for me, and financially. I also have this irrational fear that like, the day of Graduation I will find out I missed a credit somewhere and can't graduate. That would suck.

I apologize if this is somewhat of a boring post - just trying to do a brief recap on the week. It just goes to show the value of journaling on a daily basis - instead of going more into depth on the little things that add up to make life interesting, you have to make a rushed, "outline" style entry that doesn't carry the same feelings or meaning. I'm glad I have been consistent thus far with my blog - it has honestly been rewarding for me, and I really want to be more consistent with a paper journal as well, for my more inward thoughts if that makes sense. Hopefully I can keep this habit up!

Now Playing: Better Things - Massive Attack Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're graduating! I'm so jealous! What year did you graduate from high school?

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Robin said...

I graduated in 2002. I'm really excited too, it has actually gone by really fast!

And I must say Rachelle, I admire you for continuing your schooling, especially considering your circumstances. That's so awesome (:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home