Saturday, April 08, 2006

Beware of Animal Phantoms in the Night

Cause...they can seriously take your car out.

I was driving last night around 9PM to drop off my sister after going to a concert at school, and literally less than a block away from her house, we feel/hear this huge *SMASH* against the passenger side of my car. Needless to say, we were aghast. Neither of us saw anything, and feared it might have been the neighbor's dog (thankfully it wasn't). We turned around and drove back up the street to see if we could see anything - no animal to be found. We park under a streetlight down the street, as my sister notices a little piece of 'metal' (turned out to actually be a piece of paint, just seemed like metal in the dark light) and wants to see if something was done to my car. As she went to open the door, she noticed it would not open more than enough for her to squeeze out. Bad sign #1. As she is out of the car and looks, I hear her say something along the lines of "Oh my gosh Robin, this is really bad..." Bad sign #2. So I hop out, and see what is posted above. Whatever the animal was, it was big. Needless to say, I was pretty upset. This is exactly what Mark and I need right now.

My brother in law and sister went looking around the neighborhood to see if they could find any sign of the animal - and it still remains an Unsolved Mystery. Was it a ghost? Who knows. Or maybe after plowing straight into my car, it disappeared behind us in what must have been a SERIOUS stupor. But my sister nor I never saw anything - we just felt its impact. It didn't run in front of the car, just INTO the car. From the side. On a dark night. And disappeared.

I must say I am thankful it did no damage to the door - that would have made a HUGE difference in terms of repairs. And my car is still driveable - no damage to the axle or anything. But still, this was a pretty freak accident. So bizarre. I even found several short, whiteish and tanish hairs on my car where it hit.

So yeah...that was awesome. I at least got to go unwind at game night for a while - which helped a lot. And Mike and Liz helped a lot too - poor Liz felt so bad.

Now I have to go get dressed and work at Meier and Frank until after midnight. Do you sense the joy dripping in my words. Oh. so. excited.

Bleah. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Chrissy Jo said...

WHOA!!!!! Holy crap cakes dude... that must have been some huge mammoth something. Ma thinks it must have been bigfoot.

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, baby. That is a little freaky. Good story, though. How much longer do you have to work at M & F?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home