Wednesday, April 05, 2006

2 Weeks Notice


So I turned in my 2 weeks notice to Meier and Frank (soon to be Macy's) today. Things happened pretty fast these past few days, but I am going to go work for Qing Mei (where my brother in law started working a few months ago) part time until the end of the month (while I finish out at M&F), then full time after that.

I must admit, I have enjoyed the people I have worked with at Meier and Frank. I have gotten to know a few well, and will miss working with them. But working nights and weekends was definitely not my favorite; neither was the whole "competitive" aspect of having to meet so many sales, sign up so many credit cards, etc. It was also hard in that I didn't get to know many people - there were so many employees, and so much changeover. I may still take a part time position (10 hrs. or so) a few nights a week in the Gift Wrap area in May, we'll have to see what happens.

I am really excited to start up at Qing Mei though. It's a brand new company, so I will get to be a part of a lot of the "groundwork." I will also be working with several people I already know I enjoy working with, and the others whom I have met seem very cool as well. It will be a great new experience.

Alright, I really need to finish this homework...just had to take a break to update you all on my news!

Now Playing: Remember - Groove Armada

4 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WooHoo for you! I am stoked you get to work with some of the old LP gang again. What are you going to be doing there?

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger jt said...

good. more game nights.

 
At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Yay Yay! What kind of a company is Qing Mei?

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Hannah: I'm so excited too! Seriously, its so great being back in the office with Mike, Spence, and Blake. All of Blake's brothers seem great too - fun group to work with. I tried to explain what I will be doing in my most recent post (:

jt: Oh man - you have no idea. I am so excited to be able to come to game night. Hooray for a day job!

rmt & joto: Tried explaining the company more in my most recent post (: Chinese takeout - that's awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home