Monday, April 10, 2006

Update on the Car Situation

Took it in to the body shop for an estimate - just shy of $900. Oh yeah.

Mark and I decided to go ahead and do it through our insurance for a few reasons. 1) Our rate won't be affected, so we just have to pay the deductible, and not an increased monthly rate the rest of our lives. 2) Since my car has basically been living out in the sun the past 4 years, the paint has faded some. So even if we got the exact same shade, it still wouldn't blend in. They'll take care of all those kinds of details that, doing it ourselves, would be much harder to take care of. 3) Personally, I feel better having it professionally done. And I know my dad does as well - and considering he is the one who paid for the car, and has taught all of us kids to take good care of them, that's important to me. 4) My dad is going to help us cover the costs, which is awesome. I always feel really bad asking my parents for money - I just don't want to be one of those kids who is always leeching off of their parents. But considering that Mark and I are really in a bind right now, and my dad has offered to help, we could definitely use it. Again, I know he would want it done right, and would rather help us pay for it then to have a "half-assed" job done. Yes, that is a direct quote from my dad. (:

Overall, it will just be nice to have it taken care of, and right away. So I am car-less for the next few days - I'll just be taking over Mark's car, and dropping him off at work in the mornings. I would have him drop me off, but considering that I go from school to American Fork at random times during the day, amongst other random appts., it works out better for me to have the car. Let's just hope no random, rampaging animals decide to take the CRV out.

I must admit, it can be hard to keep things in perspective when bad thing after bad thing seems to happen. But really, I need to remember all the great things I have going in my life. Sure, we owe a LOT of money for various things right now, money we don't have, and have had a mean streak of bad luck. But I have a great husband, who I can be myself around, and who is always striving to make himself and our marriage better. He does so many little things for me. We have a comfortable place to live, good jobs, good families. We have the Gospel in our lives. I really need to take a step back sometimes and look at all the great things we have going. Especially when I am in a funk, like I have been the past few days. So I am hoping I can keep an optimistic outlook - soon I will be working full time, and we can slowly work towards having all of our debts paid.

Now Playing: Pont des Arts - St. GermainPosted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger jt said...

Your dad said "ass". Whoa. Glad you have help, and if it makes you feel any better, we often receive help, unsolicited or not, from our parents. You do whatcha gotta do, right?

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture so says it all; I am sorry you guys are having a time with it right now. You have a good perspective though, I mean really this is just one aspect of your life that will get better. Glad you are about to start working full-time again to help with the stress of it all.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger jt said...

Look how skinny your arm is!!! (to look on the bright side-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home