Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Choir Concert

Tonight was my University Chorale concert. I think it went well, and it was a lot of fun (: I've enjoyed participating in choir again this past school year. In high school, I was really involved with it. I was in the school musical for two years (The Mother Abbess in Sound of Music and Mrs. Harcourt in Anything Goes!), and in basically every ensemble at some point. My senior year I was in the "Singers" which was a jazz group. That was awesome - it's a small group too, so we got to go around to jazz festivals. I also was in the Colorado All State Choir my Junior and Senior years of high school.

Since I came to BYU though, I never had the guts to try out for any of the audition choirs. I don't know why...looking back, I honestly think I would have had a good chance of at least getting into Women's Chorus. But BYU is so intimidating on so many levels, especially in the School of Music. That's part of the reason why I decided not to pursue a Piano Performance degree - I knew that I had a slim chance of being accepted, and I really didn't want to devote 4-6 hours of every day to practicing. That would probably kill the enjoyment I get from playing piano, really quickly.

So I have really been grateful to both be involved in a choir and taking piano lessons again this past year. I really don't feel like I am a very creative person in the artistic sense, but these are two outlets where I do feel I can express myself well, and feel more creative.

Today was also the last day of class, YAY! All I have left is to wrap up some things for a project, and study and take finals. Then it is gradumacation day. It hasn't really sunk in yet that I am at the very end of my undergraduate career. I know I have been talking about school a lot recently, but that's partly because it has been taking up a good portion of my time. So I apologize if you are getting bored with it, it will be over soon! ;) Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so jealous that you are graduating! How old are you? I just can't believe sometimes that people my age have DEGREES, and am just starting college. Anyway, congratulations! You are so cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home