Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Tassel has been Turned


Ah yes - the moment after receiving my "diploma." Which is really only a cover with a sample inside. The real deal doesn't come for another 4-6 weeks. But still. What a cool feeling. Yay for gradumication.

I was really impressed with how quickly the ceremony went, especially considering how many names were read. It was just about 2 hours. I'm glad I decided to walk - it was a fun experience. I was lucky enough to sit next to one of my friends too, which was nice.

Graduation has come and gone. It's amazing how 4 years of class, homework, stress, frustrations, grades, tests, and relief is summed up in a piece of white paper. It's all kind of surreal - just that I could be done right now if I wanted to. But I do hope to go back to school in the next year or two. I really need to focus on what programs I would apply to, when I would need to take Graduate exams, and so forth. Oi. But for now, I am just going to take some time off, and be happy with the accomplishment I have achieved. It really is a rewarding feeling, and experience to have graduated from college. And I am so thankful that I have had such good support along the way. I honestly don't think I could have done it without my family, and Mark. My dad has always been so generous in paying my tuition (I would apply for scholarships every year - thankfully he had help 2 of the 4 years). And Mark and all of my family have always been so encouraging and supportive. I really am blessed to have them in my life, and to have had the opportunity to continue my education.

Okay, okay...the graduation posts should be pretty much over. Sorry for being so redundant the last few entries ;)

4 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!! No worries on the graduation posts- I think we would all be reeling with joy and posting a ton about it as well! You now officially can use the argument, "Hey, who here is a college graduate?" at game nights when a decision needs to be made in your favor and none of us will be able to argue with that.

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I think that has to be the most cheesy grin I have everr seen on your face. Priceless!

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Robin said...

LOL, oh the claims I can make in my favor now at Game Night. "Psh, I'm not stupid enough to pick up a duck in a dungeon. I'm a college graduate. Doesn't count."

And it IS a really cheesy grin :D

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Chrissy Jo said...

Yes....It is the look of pure glee. "HUZZAH! I'm done!" look, at least for right now, right?

HEHEHEHEHE....Don't ya miss me already dude? SEE YA NEXT WEEK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home