Thursday, April 27, 2006

Pomp and Circumstance

So today marked the first step of graduation - Commencement. I thought I would post this cute picture of Mark and I from today (: Love the cap and gown (and comfy shoes...).

Commencement was good, despite the fact that this cold is still lingering (though less severe, thank goodness), and it was uncomfortably warm where I was sitting in the Marriot Center. Very much so - I had a bad headache during the whole thing because of the warmness/clogged up sinuses.

But it was a cool feeling to be there all dressed up in a cap and gown, and starting to realize that graduation really is happening. Though it officially doesn't happen until tomorrow (and we don't get our diplomas even for like, 8 weeks), there was definitely a feeling of excitement in the air amongst all of the students. And there were lots of us - 6, 401 graduates to be exact. Though probably not all of them were in attendance. But the entire Marriot Center was filled up with students and those there to support them. I was so glad my mom, dad, Chrissy, and Mark were there (: I wish I could have spotted them in the crowd, but that was like looking for a needle in the haystack.

Tomorrow, Mark and I go to pick up his mom from the airport, and I have my school's graduation ceremony. Mark's mom and my sister Liz will be there as well. Time to turn the tassel, and throw off my hat! (:

By the way, thank you guys for all of your nice comments again - I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to reply much recently. After this week, my life will become much more normal. But I really do appreciate it - it means a lot to me, to get all of your support (: I am so grateful that I have been able to continue my education, and come this far. I know not everyone has the opportunity to do so, and I know I am very blessed for it. Thank you all so much, really (: Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger jt said...

Congratulations Robin!!! I think it is a huge feat- I only did 2 years and that was a long haul. Good for you for sticking with it! I'm proud of you.

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this picture of you and Mark. And congrats again! Have fun!

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WooHoo!!! Congrats Robin! I think it is so awesome and I love the picture of you and Mark. You look so stinkin' happy!

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Robin!I am so happy and proud of you. Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home