Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Frontier Psychiatrist

I really can't think of anything to blog as of late. I have a difficult time with thinking of fun, creative things to blog about - even the mundane everyday things. But I really want to try and be consistent, so you may just have to wade through the boring sludge every so often ;)

This evening I went to help my friend and former roommate Kathy out with a fun filming project she is working on. I got to be the "psychologist" in this group session of people with bad relationship problems. Two of the characters are sock puppets, and everyone else just had fun, ridiculous stories. I was glad to be able to go to support her and help her out. It was a lot of fun too. I hope she is able to pursue filming - I can tell she is really passionate about it, and she has some creative ideas.

Lately as I have been reading many of your blogs, I have been intrigued and inspired by all of the generous giving, and kind gestures going on. I have always thought of myself as a fairly kind, giving person. However, I have rarely ventured into doing "good mail," or similar such things. For some reason I think I am intimidated. I just feel like I am such an uncreative person in many regards. But it is so refreshing to see all of these good deeds going on, and I hope that I can work towards being kind and thoughtful in a more tangible way like that. So thanks to many of you for inspiring me! I'm going to start brainstorming ways I too, can show my appreciation and concern for others in such fun ways. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Hey Robin, I'm so happy to read that you're catching the vision of good mail. Try to talk yourself out of being intimidated, just think of the joy the other person will feel when they open their mailbox and see a padded envelope of package waiting for them. Good mail can be absolutely anything, so don't fret about being creative. The important part is that you were thinking about that person and took the time and effort to send them something. (I literally sent my friend a bag of Cheetos one time, just because.) Good luck.

 
At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First- I think it is funny that Jill is like THE spokeswoman for good mail. Hehe...
You have good opportunity for good mail since you have family outta state too...a little "Thinking of You" card is good mail, it doesn't have to be this excentric package or anything.

 
At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home