Monday, May 15, 2006

Garden State


Mark and I finally watched Garden State, which we had had since earlier on in April from Netflix. With all the graduation stuff and family being over and such, we just didn't have time to watch movies. But I must say, I loved this movie. A rather quirky story, but so fun and sincere in a lot of ways. Natalie Portman was so cute in this show. Loved it, loved it, loved it. We also watched Willow last night. Talk about a blast back to childhood - I hadn't seen it in YEARS. Also enjoyed watching that one again - in all of its cheesy, but lovable glory.

This weekend was so nice, because I got to relax. A lot. It felt so good to not have any pressing responsibilities. I talked to my mom on Mother's Day (she liked the card (: ) - I wish I could have been there with her. Mark's mom is actually in Las Vegas, so I hope she is having lots of fun (:

This evening I went grocery shopping Book Club dinner. I'm excited! I hope everything turns out alright - everything I am making I haven't made before. Which doesn't say much, because my culinary expertise is slim to none. But it will be so much fun, it feels like it has been such a long time since I have been at Book Club!

4 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I love Garden State, there are so many hilarious, quirky, amusing things (plus the music is great too). The scene that cracks me up so much is when they're on the lawn of his friend's house and they're trying to dodge the flaming arrows--so funny.

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Chrissy Jo said...

GARDEN STATE ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!!!
You are smelly!

 
At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Garden State was awesome, and I especially enjoyed Natalie Portman as well. I am really stoked for book club. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really come for the food:) I think it is cool you are trying something new though and can't wait!

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Jill, I laughed out loud when I read your comment about the flaming arrows. That part totally cracked me up! It was so random! And I have to agree - I LOVED the music. I really want to get the soundtrack for it.

Chrissy, you are smelly too.

Hannah and Rachelle, as you can tell, I am so excited for tomorrow! And I agree Hannah - I'm not really there for the food, it's just an added bonus (: Let's just hope I don't screw up the bonus, hehe ;) But the best part is just having a "girls night" with everyone, and discussing (usually) good reads (:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home