Saturday, May 13, 2006

Good Mail (:

Yay! Thanks so much to Jessie for this cute card and letter 'R' as a "beginning to a scrap stash." She wrote me the nicest note, and I think the 'R' is so cute! Good mail definitely is a great thing - it's amazing how a little something like this lifts your spirits. I'm excited to get started (:

Mark and I also get to spend some quality time with Jessie and Timm's cats the next few days. Whenever they go out of town, Mark and I "catsit", and stop by there to make sure they have everything they need and check in on them. Seriously - we really enjoy doing it, as we both adore the cats. So no worries there Jessie ;)

Today has been a pretty lazy Saturday so far. My sister Chrissy took off for home this morning - it's always nice to have her here for a visit. It seems like everyone is on their way to Colorado - Jessie and Timm, my sister, Mark's friend Jason. I'm jealous! I hope we get to go for a visit sometime soon. Colorado still feels like a home to me.

My brothers-in-law have also been over here getting things up and running with our swamp cooler. My sister is our landlord, which is why they would be up to the task ;) I really appreciate them doing it though. I wouldn't have the slightest idea as to what to do - that must be one of those things you learn when you have your own property.

Alright, I suppose that is it for now. Off to laze for a little while longer!

Now Playing: Lonely Soul - U.N.K.L.E. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute indeed. Jessie started me on the love of good mail as well. I understand that you miss Colorado, but I am glad you live here :)

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Hooray for good mail. That "R" is so cute, and the card is darling--the best part is always the nice message inside though isn't it? There's nothing quite as lame as getting excited to read a card from someone and having them only sign their name (usually a grandma thing to do). Apparently I need the feedback, because that's the part I love.

Good luck with the cat sitting, I'm glad it's your job and not mine. I'm still recovering from my one encounter with them.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger jt said...

I'm glad you got it and liked it- it's not much, but I agree with Jill- the message is usually the best part, so I encourage anyone who hasn't gotten in on good mail to do so- even if it's only a card!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home