Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Brief words

Cause I need to get to bed. I'm afeared I may be getting back into old habits of "midnight or later is perfectly normal."

Mark started to feel a bit better today, thankfully. He tried to go in to work for about 2 hours, but ended up coming home because his stomach was still upset, and he just felt crappy still. But he managed to eat a bit, and seemed in overall better spirits when I got home. He was also able to venture out on a small journey with me, to try and find DDRMAX2. But alas! It was nowhere to be found! I guess I will have to order it online and wait for it *sigh*. I was so looking forward to playing it too.

Speaking of which, I have been rather happy with myself, as I have been much more faithful in playing DDR most nights. I'll usually play 3-4 sets of 5 songs, which easily burns 150-250 calories. I hope I can keep up with exercising, as I have been a little down on myself as of late. I am so quick to pull myself down, and compare all of my faults to others strengths. I really hate when I get into these kinds of ruts, as it is really difficult for me to pull myself out of it. It's like swimming against a strong current.

/end late night word purge

4 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger jt said...

Robin, dont' be so hard on yourself! (easier said than done- also easier to say to someone else and harder to take your own advice...) I think you look great :) Try to do it for fun, and incorporate any activity into your life if it makes you feel good. I think we all compare our weaknesses to others strengths, which makes no sense! So why do we continue to do it? The adversary. Take Jill's advice and 'consider the source' of such thoughts. When I do that it helps to combat them. Jerk Satan.
(and you're up too late.)

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Jill said...

I think it's so great that you use DDR for your work out. Do you have anyway to post video? I'd sure love see what it looks like when you do that, ha. Amusing for sure right? I'm not familiar with the game so I don't really know what's involved.

Don't be too hard on yourself. You've got a lifetime of body image and exercise ahead of you and you'll never be this young again (not to be depressing), so enjoy your youth and freedom now. Seriously.

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look awesome Robin- just keep it up! No need to be hard on yourself, we all go through that.

And Jill- you can come and try it at my house anytime! We have 2 mats, so your kids could do it at the same time. So fun!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger jt said...

One time Jill told me, "you could always get fatter" in an attempt to either cheer me up, or give me perspective. I'm not sure which. I'm not sure it worked either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home