Monday, May 22, 2006

Ack! So excited.

So I decided to check Billy Corgan's website to see if anything had been updated, and lo, this is what I see. "It's official, The Smashing Pumpkins are currently writing songs for their upcoming album, their first since 2000. no release date has yet been set, but the band plans to begin recording this summer." I am SO EXCITED! I figured the Smashing Pumpkins were another of those bands I unfortunately came to know and love AFTER they were no longer a band. But! Now they are putting together new material! YAY! I am so excited to see what they do.

In other depressing news, poor Mark has been sick, Sick, SICK today. He woke up this morning feeling really nauseous and extremely sick to his stomach, so he called in sick to work. I talked to him at about 1 while I was at work, and he just sounded terrible. So I came home, as he actually wanted me to take him to the doctor. At that, I knew he must have really been feeling crappy, as he is usually the kind of person to "tough it out." I took him to the InstaCare in Orem, where they proceeded to inject him with drugs and rule out the possibility of flu, citing possible food poisoning, some sort of gastro-intestinal virus, or the worst case scenario - appendicitis. Coming out of the hallway in the doctor's office, Mark looked extremely pale. I went out to pull the car around, and out comes Mark being pushed along in a wheelchair with his head in his hand by a nice male worker. He could barely stand on his own two feet. :( So I took him home, went and bought him some gatorade, and he literally spent the rest of the day resting on the sofa, until I was able to persuade him up the stairs to bed around 10 PM. I sure hope he is feeling better tomorrow :(

2 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger jt said...

Poor Mark :( Something terrible is going around! I will add him to my prayer list for the sick.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Fehnix said...

That is just weird...Travis got something like that like two weeks ago...just, odd, hope he feels better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home