Thursday, June 01, 2006

Blur

I feel like I am always doing these random, montage posts of my life up to the point of blogging. I'm sure a lot of it is rather inane, and boring to trudge through. And so...I apologize in advance for subjecting you all, yet again, to my mindless mumblings.

This week has felt like a blur. Honestly, I have been feeling pretty anxious, and overwhelmed inside recently. I try not to let those feelings come out, and I regret to say that when they, it is usually Mark who has to deal with the mood swings, the apathetic attitude, and overall badness. I am thankful to have a husband who is patient with this, as I get on my own nerves all the time. I can only imagine how he feels some days when I come home really crabby and snappy, and stay in such a state the majority of the night without a good answer as to what's causing it.

Work is insanely busy right now. We recently rolled all of the operations of a now non-existant company into ours, taking on essentially more than 1,000 distributors overnight. The preparations for the change, in addition to my shipping responsibilities now, have been intense. And it will be intense...for quite a while. It's frustrating, because I feel like I am a good employee, and that I am trying really hard, yet I always feel like I am a few steps further back at the end of each day. I hope I grow more confident in myself, as I feel like I still have so much to learn, especially when it comes to shipping.

Jessie's mail on Tuesday was definitely a bright spot in the week. I love the cute cards, and the embellishments. That really was so thoughtful of you, Jessie, and I hope you know how much it means to me that you were thinking of me. (: I hope I do a good turn around on the generosity you have shown me!

Last night we had scuba class, which was so much fun. I admit, I was pretty anxious for the closed water session. Not having passed my mask clears last week, and just being in an anxious mood overall definitely contributed to that. I was happy with how well I did on the last quiz and final exam. But once we got in the water, I was feeling pretty nervous. I did loosen up with time, and felt much more comfortable after half an hour or so. Going into my 2nd attempt at redeeming my mask-clearing-tard status, I was a bit nervous again. But Timm, being the awesome instructor that he is, was of course really patient and encouraging towards me. And lo, after a failed attempt or two, I finally got it! Twice in a row, I was able to do all 3 clears. I was ecstatic, to say the least. And it's ridiculous, because once I got it, I had to wonder at why I struggled with it so hard before. It was so easy. Hopefully I will be able to pick it right back up when we do our open water dives. Timm, seriously - thanks for being awesome.

Tonight, I met up with my good friend and former co-worker Heather and her cousin Chels for dinner, which was great. I hadn't seen Heath in what seemed like forever, and she looks so great. Jessie and Hannah, you should see her hair - she cut it short! It's above her shoulders now, and so cute! It was so nice to hang out with her a bit. I need to do so more often.

Tomorrow is going to be another crazy busy day. Work, then I will head straight to our friend's house to begin that Mark and I Play D&D with every other week. (If you haven't caught on to the fact that I am a huge nerd by now, that just completely blew my cover). I will also be sneaking away from it for a while to make an appearance at the blog party! I am really excited for that, and truly, a little nervous. To confess, I am somewhat intimidated by my blogging friends, from those I only know "on blog," to those I know well, and see on a regular basis. You all seem like such....I dunno, "super people" is the best I can come up with right now. I just feel like the lame-o of the group. But, that is the extremely comparitive nature I have speaking. And it has been exceptionally active lately. I wish it would go away! Because truly, it will be so cool to meet more of you in person, and get to know you "behind the blog" - even though these are pretty good windows to peak through (:

Alright, this post is reaching the length and content of ridiculous. I should really get to bed anyways.

Now Playing: Spinning - Zero 7 Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Hey Robin I'm glad you're back. I've been checking in all week and wondering where you were.

Congrats on your scuba lesson success, surviving your busy work week, good mail from Jessie, and for posting.

Please don't be nervous about the blog party. It's going to be fun. A lot of us don't know each other so it's not like you're going to be the only one feeling like a little uneasy about that, plus your group of friends will all be there. No worries.

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry that work is causing such issues...reminds me of another company :/ But at least they are the good 'we are growing' issues. You can totally handle it and will look back later and wonder why you got so stressed.

Scuba was awesome, as usual :) You and Linc both seemed pretty stoked about the mask clears. I can't wait for open water, but I feel a little anxious about it.

You may be a huge nerd, but we still love you! There are so many things about you that I think are just so cool- envy worthy even! I wish I could play the piano like you do. I wish I was as committed to video games as you are (I am sure Linc would agree), I wish I was more into music in general- I feel so out of the loop but want to jump back in. I am jealous that you are done with school and wish I would have gone to college even if only for a little bit. I am lucky to be able to call you my friend.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger michelle said...

I'm cracking up about you saying that you get on your own nerves all the time. Tee hee! I know that feeling. Lots of times I'll be talking to Jill and think, gee, if someone were telling me all this, I might want to run in the other direction!

Scuba scares me. I really think I would feel claustrophobic. Even using a snorkel is kind of hard for me!

Hope everything slows down at work, that does sound stressful!

(sorry about using so many exlamation points, it's a problem...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home