Monday, May 29, 2006

Random weekend thoughts

I got a new calling on Sunday. Turns out that my teaching the CTR 6 last week was some sort of trial run. I'm on to them. So I will now be teaching in the Primary, the CTR 6 class. I am TOTALLY open to any suggestions. I must admit, I am a little overwhelmed at the prospect. But it sounds like a lot of fun too. Jill, I see you teach Primary - please feel free to expound wisdom at any time. ;)

I went in to work for a bit this morning. Things are going to be NUTS there for the next few weeks. At this point, I can't even fathom. Let's just hope it all goes smoothly.

Mark and I went up to Salt Lake this afternoon, to walk around the Gateway. We had lunch at the DoDo, which is one of my favorite places to go. They have these delicious soups (today, it was mushroom, onion, and cheddar), and they have this sausage sandwich that is SO GOOD. I'm normally not the type to see something like a sausage sandwich on a menu, and think "Oh man, that looks good!" But this one is yummy. We walked around for a little while, got some frozen yogurt, and Mark bought this bizarro, intriguing book book called the House of Leaves. I'm definitely interested in reading it, and I will have to post pictures of it sometime. Because the layout of the text is so cool. Really, bizarre is the best word I can think of. We also went to the Virgin store, which only made me want a ton of CDs RIGHT NOW. Like another Zero 7 cd, Groove Armada, This way cool goth electro tribute to Depeche Mode, and so many more. It's ridiculous, how much I want more music. That's my purchasing weakness.

I also gave in and bought DDR MAX 2 online. I couldn't find it anywhere around here! So I am excited for it to arrive. At least I bought something that will encourage me to get off my butt.

I made a card for someone yesterday, hooray! I bought some adhesive and envelopes today at Robert's, so I hope to be a little more on the ball with making things to send out. You all inspire me.

We have diving class this Wednesday. I'm excited, but I admit, a bit nervous too. Hopefully after this next pool session I will feel much more confident in myself.

Ok, that is all my brain can expel right now. I'm off to read for Scuba!

Now Playing: All This Time Still Falling Out of Love - Erasure Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Blogger Jason said...

House of Leaves is a very odd, strange book. I've been hyping it up to Mark which I think intrigued him, and right now I'm at this part that is just a logjam to read. Footnotes all over the freakin' place, holding the book upside down, holding it in the mirror, etc...

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger jt said...

COngrats on making the card! You'll enjoy being in the loop of good mail :)

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Congrats on your new calling, it will be so fun. My daughter is in that age class and her last teachers loved it. The kids are old enough to pay attention and answer questions, but still too young to read by themselves or have all the answers. My advice to you is to always be well prepared, and to have some sort of activity planned that goes with your lesson. Those Primary Partner books are great (though a bit cheesy) because they've done all the work for you and you just have to make copies. Whitney can always tell me what her lesson is about if she has a handout that she colored to go with the lesson. Otherwise, I ask her what she learned that day and she always says, "Jesus" and then smiles funny because she knows that's a stock answer. Good luck, it should be fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home