Sunday, June 18, 2006

Ashamed

Really, I am the biggest blogging loser of all. 8 days?? And let's just say I haven't been the most consistent lately *sigh*. Once again, a recap:

  • Having Mary, her kids, and Chrissy in town was lots of fun. I hadn't seen Mary and the kids since Christmas! Alas, I was dumb, and did not take a SINGLE photo. I really need to be better about that. But it was fun having all 5 sisters together at the same time, as well as all the nieces and nephews (minus Joelee, my bro's daughter...whom sadly, we probably won't see again).
  • Lots of quality time with Jessie and Hannah - with Book Club, helping out Thursday with last minute Lola's Legacy prep, game night, and the great event itself on Saturday, I saw them pretty much every day. Which is a good thing (:
  • Book Club at Diana's. Though small in numbers this month, it was still lots of fun, and I had the chance to talk to Diana for a little while beforehand. (: I love the friends I have made through Book Club.
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSIE! WOOHOO FOR THE 1/4 CENTURY!!
  • Lola's Legacy was so fun. My first album was a bit of a struggle, but the whole thing went so well, and it felt so good to be doing something productive for others. Plus, the sandwiches and lemonade pie were delicious.
  • My typing seems to not want to change from italics now. Odd.
  • Ok, there we go. D&D on Saturday was fun as well, and Drew (one of the friends we play with) made this ridiculously delicious dinner. Can you tell I love my food?
  • Father's Day. I sure wish I could have been there with my dad. I've been missing him a lot. My family will be out soon though, with the impending birth.
  • 2 year anniversary tomorrow. Just planning on going to dinner and maybe a movie, as we will be going on a little "getaway" at the end of the month. (: Mark got me some really comfy pj's and some handweights. (Yes, we already gave presents. Sometimes we struggle with surprises).
I have so many good things going on, but I sure have been struggling the past few days as well. Sparing details, I have just been in a personal rut, and a rut with Mark as well. Hopefully it's something that dissapates soon, as feeling this way really is a bummer, and I tend to let it spiral.

*What are some suggestions you have for pulling out of a personal and relational funk?*

EDIT: Haha, I just re-read the part about Father's Day this morning, and thought I should clarify. It's not MY impending giving birth, it's my sister.

5 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Diana said...

oh, I wish I could suggest something for your ruts, I get there somtimes too but I never really know what gets me out of it. I would do something just for you, whatever you like to do , maybe buy your self a new video game or something. With Mark, I don't know when I think of Lou more than I think of myself it seems to help me get out of a rut. However I know thats hard to do when you're in a rut. Let me know if i can do something to help. If you need a girls night, I am always willing and able.
I too enjoyed getting to know you better on Wednesday. I love making new friends and you are just so easy to talk to and so fun, I see us becoming great friends.

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How was your anniversary!?!?! I hope you guys had a fun night to re-connect a little.

As far as personal ruts...I usually try to either do something totally for me or try something totally new just to mix it up. If you want to do something outside yourself, try volunteering in your community. You would be an awesome tutor for kids that need help in the summer.

For the relationship side, maybe try doing things for him for a week that you know he would appreciate with no expectations as far as return. As you can tell, I am big on doing things for other people when I am feeling down or in a rut. It is hard, but I always feel so much better. Do you guys go on regular dates? That is something I wish Linc and I did more before we had Mya. Just have one night a week that was totally for us no matter what we did.

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lots and lots of sex.

love Kathy
< /end >

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Ruts are the worst and it's mighty hard to pull out of them, but I think any refocused efforts or thoughtfulness help. It's great that it's your anniversary and that you're going to Colorado for a few days. I'm sure that time together will help you reconnect and lift your spirits. If not, blog venting helps a great deal.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger michelle said...

Oh, the blahs. I hate being in a funk. So hard to pull out of. I hope that having your family in town and getting away for the weekend helped you to feel better. Is is a short-term or long-term kind of funk? Treatments vary depending. A long hot bath, a good book, chocolate, a walk, a date night, a good movie can all help the short term kind. Longer-term varieties require more drastic measures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home