Thursday, June 22, 2006

Anniversary

Mark and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary on Monday, and it was exactly what I needed, especially given my recent funks. (BTW, thanks to everyone who commented on my last post - it really helped a lot :))

We both had to work, and I had to go to my research meeting after work until 6. So needless to say, our celebrating got underway pretty late in the day. When I got home from BYU, there were some beautiful roses and a nice card waiting for me on the kitchen table.



There was also a surprise waiting for me in the fridge:



A whole tray full of delicious, chocolate covered strawberries. And trust me - they were delicious. We went to dinner at Red Lobster, which was really yummy. We then went to the mall to exchange the pj pants Mark had bought me for our anniversary, as they seriously almost slid off my butt. I decided to try on a medium pair of pants that Mark was originally going to get me, but then decided not too after the girl helping him told him that a size 10-14 girl could not fit into them. Well guess what? They fit me just fine, a MEDIUM pant! Definitely a huge boost to the ego. And she must not know what she is talking about or something.



Once we got home, we just ate some strawberries, watched some Simpsons, and spent time together. It was so relaxing, and it really helped boost my spirits. We are going on a weekend trip to Steamboat Springs, CO in a little over a week for our anniversary "getaway," and I am really, really looking forward to it.

Hooray for 2 years. Even though I am by no means a perfect wife, nor Mark a perfect husband, we really do compliment each other well in so many ways. I love having a husband who I can be serious with, and romantic with. But I also love that we can sit down together and play a video game, or have a pillow fight like old friends. Here's to many more happy years together. (:

7 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Happy Anniversary. It sounds like you had a great anniversary. Isn't it wonderful how a little time together can do some magic.


ps. yea about the medium pants :)

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger jt said...

Yeah in your face Mall girl who doesn't know what she's talking about! Robin's not a LARGE- sheesh!
Happy Anniversary. Glad you had fun :)

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better and that your anniversary was a success. I think you and Mark are most perfect together!

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Happy Anniversary! Have fun on your getaway. I think road trips as a couple are the very best.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger michelle said...

Happy anniversary, Robin and Mark! And I would totally be doing a dance about fitting into medium pants. Oh yeah!

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home