Monday, September 18, 2006

This Binary Universe



This is one of the cd's I got the other day, and I am really enjoying it. It's quite different from his other work. This one is definitely ambient in sound - very little vocals. One of the coolest things about it is it comes with a DVD that has a visualization of each of the songs, and is in 5.1 surround sound. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but so far it REALLY cool. They definitely aren't your "mainstream" music videos - they are very artistic. Each one is synchronized to the song seamlessly - it's almost like you are "watching" the music. I think it's really cool, but I am also pretty nerdy (:

The gaming extravaganza at Hannah and Linc's on Saturday was a whole lot of fun. It was nice to be able to hang out and relax at their house for a while (: Thanks for letting me come "crash" for so long!

Mark came home last night, hooray! He definitely seems wiped out from his busy week. I'm really glad things went well for him. (: But it is so good to have him home. Now we are together for a week, until I take off for Colorado myself next Tuesday. It will be a great trip - I am so excited to see my family, and my friend Kathy from Germany. She came to live with us as an exchange student my freshman year of high school, and is now over there for a month doing an internship at a local hospital. She's basically like a long-distance sister. I'll be there just as she wraps up work, so we will have plenty of time to just hang out! (:

For some reason, I have developed this irrational fear of flying. I've flown several times, and though I always get a bit nervous, I'm feeling really nervous for my flight to CO next week. The flight is like, an hour long, maybe an hour and a half. Not long at all. It's really quite pathetic.

Now Playing: Hidden Houses - Dave Gahan

5 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Welcome Mark! You must be so happy to have Mark home, Robin. WE picked up Lou this morning and it was oh so nice, now he is at school taking tests.
Hope your flight goes well. Hopefully we'll talk before you leave.

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So since Mark had the DS for his trip- you get it for yours, right? It only seems fair. Just play Cooking Mama on the plane or something and the time will go so fast. Too bad guitar hero or Amplitude aren't DS games...that would make the time fly! I rather enjoy ambient type music and like listening to it while I read because it makes for great background music. Glad you are enjoying the goods from Borders :)

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So since Mark had the DS for his trip- you get it for yours, right? It only seems fair. Just play Cooking Mama on the plane or something and the time will go so fast. Too bad guitar hero or Amplitude aren't DS games...that would make the time fly! I rather enjoy ambient type music and like listening to it while I read because it makes for great background music. Glad you are enjoying the goods from Borders :)

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Look at you blogging on sort of a regular basis, how bout that?

I'm glad your birthday celebrations were so fun, that was a double bonus having book club and then going out with the girls the next night too. Good times.

I know what you mean about flying. It has never really bothered me that much, but I find myself wanting to avoid it these days. I hate feeling fear in anyway, so adding a new item to my list (i.e., spiders, sharks, rapists, extreme heights, etc.) isn't fun for me.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger michelle said...

Funny about the flying thing. When I read your post about going to CO I thought you were joking about making it through the flight because it's so short. Flying has never bothered me. I hope it went well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home