Wednesday, September 13, 2006

All By Myseeeeeeeelf

Mark left yesterday for his trade show in Denver. Which leaves me Mark-less until Sunday evening. It's always tough when Mark is away for extended periods of time. It hasn't happened very often since we have been married, so it feels pretty lonely without him. It's funny, when we were dating, Mark and I were lucky to see each other once a month for most of the year, while I was here in school. Now he's gone for a few days, and it's killer.

Luckily, I am definitely keeping busy this week. As a matter of fact, I don't think I will have much "down time" by myself at all, which is good for the most part (though sometimes it is nice to just have some time home alone for a few hours). Yesterday, I got Zupa's for dinner (yum!), then headed up to BYU to work on a research paper due for submittal today. See, even though I have already gradumicated, I've been continuing work on a project I started the first of the year, and felt it would be valuable to stick with even after I was finished with school. It's great research experience, I hopefully get to present at some conferences, and have authorship on a couple of papers. .....I think I have blogged about this before, but there's a recap anyways.

So I get up to BYU at 7, expecting to be done by 9...and didn't leave until 12. There was much work that still needed to be done. Thankfully, I think we made a lot of progress, and aside from a bit of revision as I have a chance this morning, it is done. It has to be, because it has to be submitted no later than 3 PM.

It's pretty exciting to be involved in research like this for me. I hope our paper gets accepted, but if it doesn't, we'll just have to work all the harder on the second half of the project for submission in December to the American Psychological Association.

Ok, you guys are all probably bored to tears. I was proud of myself that even after getting to bed after 1AM, I still dragged myself to the gym with Jessie this morning. It definitely wasn't my hardest workout, but the effort was there nonetheless.

Now Playing: Until the End of the World - U2

3 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand the bittersweet feelings of solitude. Before Mya was here, Linc went to Canada for like a week and it was kinda nice to have the house to myself, but I tried to stay super busy. Hopefully the week goes super fast.

I hope your research thing gets good marks and that you get to present. It all sounds way over my head, but I think it is cool you are still doing something school related.

Good job working out too- sometimes just being there makes the difference because you stuck to your commitment.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Lou leaves on Friday to visit a friend. I am so glad we have plans on Friday for your birhtday. Maybe if you're not busy we can do something Saturday :)
Good job on your research, I am so impressed that you continued on with it even though you're graduated, it will look realy good if you ever apply to grad school.
After only 4 1/2 hours sleep, you are an amazing woman to make it to the gym!

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger michelle said...

Nice anonymous comment. Sheesh. I'm totally impressed that you got up and went to the gym on very little sleep -- you're my hero!

congrats on your research project, and I hope you can enjoy a little solitude this week without being too lonely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home