Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Man, for some reason today I am having some serious homesickness for Colorado. Although I really don't mind living in Utah, and there are many good things about living here - Colorado will always be "home" to me.

I really wish it wasn't so expensive to live there - both Mark and I would love to go back there someday. But we both have good jobs here right now, and really can't justify a move out of state right now.

I just love the environment and atmosphere there. Denver is a great metro city to live nearby - small enough to not be a huge sprawling mass of...city...but it has a great culture, and a lot of fun things to do. And it was only 15-20 minutes from Golden (where I lived). I like Salt Lake, but sometimes a 40 minute drive seems kinda long if you just want to go to dinner or something.

Anyways, not to put Colorado on some majestic pedestal or anything - I just love it there. And miss it. Mark and I will have to try and visit sometime soon...hopefully this summer. I got spoiled with our week+ long visit there over Christmas ;)

Also, sorry for not posting in a couple weeks. Admittedly, I think I've just been lazy. I'll think about something to blog, but then never get around to it. And forget.

Mark is in Toronto until Friday. He was telling me last night that the wind chill factor was -40 degrees. That's insane. I hope he stays warm.

Hmmm....anything else right now? Nope, don't think so. All of my blogging thoughts flee my brain when I actually get down to it.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I was wondering where you've been, you had been on a posting roll so it's been sad without you.

I haven't been to Denver, so I've got nothing to say there.

Whoa, -40 degrees, that's a real weenie shrinker!

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt that way about Texas- for a long time too- so I know all about having those home sick feelings. Linc misses the beach like crazy (he grew up in Florida) and wants to move by one someday.

-40 is insane...hope you have some fun things planned this week while he is gone. I bet Linc would be up for some Poppin' on Thursday or something. Or if you wanted to come and hang out and watch a movie or something.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger charlotte said...

Oh I love Colorado too! Lately, like you, I've been pretty homesick for the place. I do love school and in general I like Utah, but it's just not Colorado. I love living close enough to mountains so you can easily go up there for an afternoon or a weekend or whatever and also being able to have a day downtown without too much hassle. (I know you can still do that here, but it's not the same) I'm so excited to go home for the summer! If you guys come out you'll have to stop by and say hi! I love having someone to bond with over beloved Denver--Coloradans unite!

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Chrissy Jo said...

Dude....I'm so putting it on the pedestal for you! CO rocks the socks! You need to come home. The Chrissay misses you people! Oh well, I'll be seeing you next week. HUZZAH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home