Monday, November 13, 2006

Lazy days

This past weekend, I was so lazy. And it was great. I have had a sneaking cold the past few days, that just won't become a full blown cold and get over with it. No, it's in that annoying achy, fuzzy-headed, dry throat kind of stage.

Therefore, I took the liberty of just lounging about as much as possible over the weekend. Saturday was glorious - pretty much just lazed about in my comfies, playing video games, aside from a brief trip to Wal-Mart to get a new computer desk for our new computer. (Mark and I are getting a new iMac, it's quite exciting. It should actually be delivered today, speaking of. We hope in the next year to get a video camera, and this will be great for making our own movies. Plus, with GarageBand, I can hook it up to my digital piano and make CDs - definitely want to do some cds at least for my family (: .)


Yesterday, Mark and I had to give brief talks in Sacrament Meeting on missionary work. I confess, I love it when they tell you "it only needs to be 5 minutes." I get nervous when I speak in church, and the shorter, the better. We also practiced for our Primary Program next week during our entire Primary...time? It was a lot of fun, (aside from it being a long time to keep a room full of kids sitting still - who can blame them?) and I am really proud of my class. It will be fun to do the program for all of their parents next week.

After church, I read, took a nap in our Love Sac, and played some games. Again, totally lazy afternoon. It was so nice. Now if only I could shake this cold, or just have it go all out and get it over with.

Is anyone else loving the weather today? I just wish I was home (again becoming one with the relaxation), rather than being stuck at work.

Now Playing: A100 - Billy Corgan

2 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Yes, I love the weather today.

I'm glad you lounged this weekend, that's the best thing to do after a busy work week and when battling a cold. Sometimes being sick just gives us permission to slow down, and that's a good thing.

It sounds like you guys are going high-tech. Make sure to take photos of your new set-up so we can see all your fun new stuff.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger michelle said...

We have that same computer! Max uses Garage Band all the time. I would love to hear what CDs you end up making.

It sounds like your body was telling you to slow down and relax. How wonderful that you could comply!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home