Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Isn't this problem supposed to be over by the end of your teenage years?

So today I finally went to the dermatologist. I have been needing to go for a long time. Ever since I was little, I have had problems with excema. My skin really is not kind to me sometimes, and has these excema outbreaks. Well, a month or so ago, I started to get excema all over my stomach. Subsequently, it has also appeared on my arms, legs, and feet. So much fun.

So I determined that if it was still bad when I got back from CO, I would make an appointment if it hadn't cleared up. The weird thing is, while I was in CO, it cleared up. Which makes no sense, because I spent the first 18 years of my life, and spent plenty of those years with excema. *shrug* And what do you know, within the first day of being back in UT, it flared up again. Must be something in the air here.

I also have a bad problem with acne on my upper arms. It's been around since I was a young teenager. You would think once I passed 20 my acne problem would start diminishing - but no. It's still pretty bad.

So now I have 3 new prescriptions - a steroid creme for the excema (thank goodness, amazing what a prescription will do to that stuff), a wash for the acne, as well as a daily antibiotic for the acne, which I will take for an indefinite amount of time right now. Yay. I really do hope it helps to clear up the problem though, that would be amazing. No more embarrassing arms!

Alright, that may have been more information than anyone really wanted to know, but I just felt a need to get my skin woes off my chest. The incessant itching on my stomach right now compelled me. Relief is coming soon.

Now Playing: Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home