Monday, November 06, 2006

Gay Old Time



Friday night, my cousin Becky and I went to the Pet Shop Boys concert at the Ford Theater at the E Center. Wow, that's kind of a mouthful.

Anways, for those of you unfamiliar with the Pet Shop Boys, they have been around since about 1981. They are a British electronic music group, and my brother is the one who really got me into them (along with many other bands, including my "ultimate favorite," Depeche Mode). I think a lot of their music is so much fun, and you would probably recognize a few of their songs if you heard them, such as "West End Girls."

The venue was fairly small, and it wasn't completely sold out - so it was a fun change, after the past few concerts I've been to (which were in bigger venues, and pretty much sold out). Interesting mix of people as well. My cousin and I were a little concerned that the section we were in were going to just sit there and be boring, but finally all the people behind us stood up, so we could finally get our "dance on." I'm glad I finally had the chance to see them live.



Also, being a video game nerd, Mark and I got Final Fantasy XII last week. I have been anticpating this game like you can't believe. And so far, it is definitely not disappointing the expectations I have had for it. It is ridiculously fun. The picture above is a screenshot from the "opening movie" of the game. Since I am sure most of you are quite bored by this, suffice to say that if I allowed myself to, I could sit there and play this game all day. After day. After day. Until I finished it. But, I cannot shirk all responsibilities just to indulge myself in a fun video game. Plus, I have to share playing time with Mark, as we are both playing it separately.

Other than that, this past weekend was entirely lazy. It was delightful. Mark and I watched a movie, slept in - loved it.

Now Playing: Depeche Mode - Never Let Me Down Again

5 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Our friends went to that concert also and had a great time. Glad you had fun, we had fun with Mark on Friday.
I love that you love video games, I bet Lou wishes I was more like you in that respect. Lou loves the Final Fanasty games, we should come over to your house sometime and you guys can play and I can watch and crochet or something.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Jill said...

You've been busy lately with all these shows and fun trips. I haven't been to a concert in a couple years, does that mean I'm getting old? (Don't answer that.)

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Chrissy Jo said...

YOU STILL SUCK!!!!!!!!

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger charlotte said...

I can't quite relate to your Final Fantasy excitement, but I can be excited for you! :)

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger michelle said...

Ditto to Jill's comment. And, I didn't know the Pet Shop Boys were still touring! Sounds like a good lazy weekend to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home