Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Steamboat Springs

One of my most favorite places in the world.

We were up there over Memorial Day weekend, and since then I've been meaning to post a few pictures from up there, but just haven't taken the time to do so. It was so nice being up there. My parents were there the first night, My sister Mary was there for a night and most of the next day, and "Chrissay" was up there the whole weekend with us. It was seriously the perfect getaway, and I wish we went there more often (we hadn't been there in 2 years!) Just a few quick memories I want to remind myself of...

- Our issues with the new hot tub. They recently remodeled the exterior of the building where my parent's condo is, and put in a new hot tub. New hot tub does NOT equal better hot tub. New hot tub is smaller - fitting 3 people in there almost overflowed the thing. The temperature controls make zero sense...literally. It was a stroke of mad luck that I figured out how to, you know, make the hot tub start getting hot again (rather than it's kind of chilly 92 degrees at the time). Thankfully, the "clubhouse" has a nice big hot tub, but it's only open til 8. Not good for those 9:30 needs.
- Talking with Mary. It had been a while since I had just sat and talked with her, and I know she has a lot going on in her life right now. So it was so nice to just sit there in the hot tub (we got in a lot) and talk. I miss being around her more.
-Locking ourselves out of the condo. Just me, Mark, and Chrissay. Funny thing is...we literally had 3 keys to choose from. 3! And none of us grabbed one. Stupid. Totally had plans to go get a fun dinner, and ended up settling for Taco Bell so we could wait for the maintenance guys to let us in. (Ironically enough, in the 10 minutes we were gone to Taco Bell, they showed up the first time. We were told they would call. They did not. So we sat around another hour.)
- The electrical substation explosion. Holy. Crap. Weird, and freaky. All because of a curious raccoon...poor buggah'.

Ok, on to a few pics!



The view from my family's condo - isn't it pretty? (Well, with me and Mark spoiling it...and the "in progress of grooming gross brown ski hill" ;))



Oops! How did that get in here...?




View of Fish Creek Falls from the Overlook point (Make sure you click on the picture, can't figure out how to make it not all "stretchy"...). Seriously, one of my favorite places to visit, and it's only 4 miles outside of town.



View from the bridge below



Mark, Me, Mary, and Chrissay - what a strange crew we make ;)

5 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger rmt said...

Yay-you posted!
It looks overwhelmingly beautiful in Steamboat Springs. We really need to do a book club trip there sometime!
How funny that you got locked out! (Well...hopefully it's funny now, but I'm sure it wasn't too hilarious at the time!)
I love that green shirt that you're wearing in the pictures. Very cute.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Chrissy Jo said...

Who are are those weirdo's? Especially the crazy in the back?

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger michelle said...

I love kissing pictures! Looks like you had a great time (although I can't imagine the electrical substation explosion...).

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger charlotte said...

I love Steamboat Springs!

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger KathE said...

Cute! And random, but poor raccoon! POW!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home