Sunday, January 27, 2008

Truly a Great Man




The leader of my church (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints), President Gordon B. Hinckley, passed away this evening at approx. 7 PM.

He has been president of the LDS church since I was about 12 years old...so he has been a comforting presence to me for many of my formative years. I have always had such tremendous love and respect for him, which I think can be said for virtually all members of the LDS church.

I'll miss you, President Hinckley.

Church Statement on his passing

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger michelle said...

How I loved that man! So sad for us, but I'm sure he and his wife are so happy now.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger charlotte said...

This is a strange emotion, isn't it? The passing of the prophet of my youth is quite significant--it really allows for the evaluation of everything really. It's just great to know that the Church is always true, regardless of who is leading it :)

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Diana said...

I too will miss him and feel so much love for him.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Bridget said...

It is sweet of you Robin to post about such a great man. He will truly be missed. He had a great influence on me during my teenage years. He was always a rock of faith when my own faith was wavering. Until we meet again....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home