Thursday, August 30, 2007

PAX '07

So Mark and I spent the last weekend in Seattle for the 2007 Penny Arcade Expo.

I don't think the word awesome is strong enough to describe just how much fun it was.

We flew out there Thursday afternoon, and met up with 4 friends Mark knew from his working at Gamestop days - Jason, Matt, John, and Brandon. And even though I had never met 3 of the 4, I felt so comfortable, and had so much fun hanging out with these guys. I didn't feel out of place at all, even though I was the only girl in the group. Needless to say, it was so fun getting to hang out with them, and of course Mark, during PAX. (:

PAX was basically the epicenter of all nerddom. And wow, what a broad spectrum of nerdliness exists. Seriously...I mean, I am pretty nerdy. But I can't hold a candle to some of the people I saw out there. And oh, some of the odors that assaulted the senses at times. Like Foot Man. I think you can gather what that means.

Anyways, we had the chance to see a lot of new games coming out, test some of them out, sit in on some fun panels/demos, go to a nerdy music concert (The One Ups and Freezepop!), eat some delicious food, share some HILARIOUS moments (watch out for Guy #3), and overall, just have one amazing time. I really, really hope we are able to do it next year. Just...need to not spend money.

I shamelessly stole a few pictures from Matt's MySpace, since he got a lot of good ones. Unfortunately, our camera battery was dead the first day (we discovered this after leaving the hotel), and it's been having some issues anyways, so we didn't get a whole lot. But I thought you guys might like to see a few. So without further adieu...



Here we are waiting in line Friday morning (well Mark, myself, and Jason). We actually got there several hours early, and managed to snag an early spot. It eventually got to be pretty insanely long. Good thing we had our Nintendo DS's to help pass the time!




Here's a pic of Matt, Me, Mark, and John playing Rock Band. I cannot tell you how geeked out I am about this game. If you have ever heard of Guitar Hero, this is basically that times awesome. You have a microphone, a guitar, a bass, and a drum set. And you have your own virtual band to rock out with. Seriously...so awesome.




And here's just a pic of Mark and I enjoying ourselves in the Exhibition Hall. Notice my sweet PAX shirt? ;)

Hope you guys enjoyed the all out nerd post! Here's hoping for PAX '08!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a smelly, sensory overload, geeky good time. Glad you had fun!

You look cute in black :)

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger jt said...

you *are* such a nerd, and i love you for it. You are my official 'nerdy friend.' It's a good spot to fill-
you look great in all those pictures! I think you are very photogenic, and you just have an all around good looking look in these photos.
good.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Diana said...

I agree with Jessie, you look so naturally beautiful and happy in those pictures. You're really in your element.
We bought Kira her Leapster yesterday. I thought of you and though she's on her way to loving games like Robin :)

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger michelle said...

Those pictures are SO cute! And Rock Band does sound seriously fun. Glad you had such a good time!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Urban Rainforest said...

Oh Robin. You are such a nerd. It's awesome. Plus, I want to play rock band now...but now I don't have your awesome set-up and company to share in the wonder and wonderousness....sad.

MelE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home